JFD DESIGN PACKING
- J-Design is a seal ring solution geometrically designed to resist over-tightening, which leads to premature seal failure.
- The dual-design seal ring has a rigid thermoset plastic core that resists crushing, and is surrounded by tough, yet flexible sealing lips that won’t tighten when the packing is adjusted.
- Longer packing life results in reduced maintenance cost.
- The J-Design has initial interference and is pressure actuated.
- Adjustment of the packing is only to secure the packing in the stuffing box to prevent movement. This easy-adjustable packing has gained acceptance to the point of standardization by plunger pump manufacturers.
- The sealing lips are backed-up by rigid plastic or composite adapters designed especially to work with the J-Design packing assembly.
- This combination of construction features prevents the usual nesting and crushing that may result from excessive gland or fluid pressure
- Adapters for V-Packing
- Adapters for other configurations
- Anti-extrusion devices
- Engineered packing assembly components
Please click on the related Plunger Packing product names for more detail