Cementing Plugs/ Cement Plugs
Top and Bottom Rubber Cementing Plugs
RRP Rubber Cementing Plugs are engineered for greater reliability. The Top Rubber plug and Bottom Rubber Plug are of the same basic design with firm wiping action provided by five wiping surfaces.
Our design of top and bottom plugs provides a sure seal against the casing wall to prevent mixing of cement slurry and displacement fluid. The Top Plug seats into the Bottom Plug and seals against it to lessen the possibility of additional cement slurry displacement, while also promoting good bonding at the bottom of the casing.
Working of Cement Plugs
- Rubber Cement Plugs plays a vital role during cementing operations. Plugs minimize the contamination of cement by removing dispersed mud and mud sheath from the casing inner diameter.
- Before the cement slurry and behind the space, a bottom rubber plug is pumped. As the plug moves down the string, it removes the left dispersed mud from the inner diameter of the casing.
- A diaphragm on the plug gets ruptured due to the pressure exerts when the bottom plug seats are at the float collar. This helps cement to flow through it.
- It twists the corner of the hole or toe end, located at the bottom of the horizontal well. The annular space between the casing and the formation is then filled.
- By this way, after the full volume of cement has been pumped, a top rubber plug is dropped and pumped behind the slurry.
- The top plug then removes the left over cement from the inner diameter of the casing and reaches at the float collar.
- It then rests on the bottom plug to cause a pressure. It also indicates that the cement has been displayed.
- Both the top and bottom plugs are always different. Bottom plugs are red while top plugs are black.
We offer Three Different Types of Oil Well Cementing Plugs
1. Conventional Cementing Plugs (Aluminium Core)
-Conventional Top Cementing Plug
-Conventional Bottom Cementing Plug
RRP offers Conventional Top and Bottom Cementing plugs which are manufactured with aluminium insert and are rubber coated. The Top cementing plug is manufactured in black natural rubber and the Bottom Cementing plug is in orange with rupture diaphragm at 200-500 psi differential. Operating range is up to 200 degree Fahrenheit/ 93 degrees Celsius. The usage of aluminium core in the plugs eliminates distortion from pressure in a deep hole and gives firm support to a long column of cement slurry.
Our Five Wiper Cementing Plugs can also be ordered in HNBR/AFLAS/ VITON thereby allowing for higher operating temperature and are operational in either synthetic or mud fluids.
The Cementing wiper plugs are available in 4.1/2”, 5”, 5.1/2”, 7”, 9.5/8”, 10.3/4”, 13.3/8” (Available in Solid single piece aluminium core), 16” 18.5/8”, 20” (Assembled type aluminium core design)
Know more about aluminium core cementing plug
2. Conventional Cementing Plugs (Plastic Core)
– Conventional Top Cementing Plug
– Conventional Bottom Cementing Plug
RRP offers Conventional Plastic core cementing plugs which are designed to replace conventional cementing plug system. The body of the plug is manufactured using a plastic core coated with rubber, which eliminates aluminium and large mass of rubber found in conventional cementing plugs. The plastic core has high tensile strength and possesses a greater compressive strength (30 Ksi) over the aluminum alloy (24 ksi). It can withstand a bottom hole temperatures of upto 250° F for an extended period of time.
By replacing the aluminium core material in conventional plugs with a large crushable plastic core, thereby eliminating most of the rubber used in conventional type. This allows the drill bits to fracture the plastic rather than tear rubber and aluminium thus significantly reducing drill out times. These plugs are called High Wiping Efficiency (HWE) Plugs which are completely PDC drillable.
The Wiper plugs are available in 4.1/2”, 5”, 5.1/2”, 7”, 9.5/8”, and 13.3/8” and these Top and Bottom Rubber Cementing plugs are available in Natural / Nitrile/ HNBR/ AFLAS coverings based on specific requirements.
Know more about plastic core cementing plug
3. Non-Rotating Cementing Plugs
Non Rotating Top Cementing Plug
Non Rotating Bottom Cementing Plug
RRP offers Non Rotating Cementing plugs which are designed to decrease the drill out times. This series of cementing plugs uses reinforced locking teeth build into the plugs, which lock together between the plug and the float equipment to eliminate rotation of the plug during drill out. The body of the plug is manufactured using a plastic core which eliminates aluminium and large mass of rubber found in conventional cementing plugs which are completely PDC drillable. The Rubber plugs are available in 4.1/2”, 5”, 5.1/2”, 7”, 9.5/8”, and 13.3/8” and these plugs are available in Natural / Nitrile/ HNBR/ AFLAS coverings based on specific requirements.
Know more about non-rotating cementing plug
View Product Catalogue